EXPLORIS is only five minutes walk from the ferry slip in Portaferry. Groups travelling by this route can reduce their costs by leaving the bus in Strangford and travelling across as foot passengers.
The ferry departs from Strangford on the hour and half hour, and leaves Portaferry at a quarter to the hour and a quarter past the hour.
For further information on the ferry and charges, please ring 028 4488 1637.
WHEN VISITING EXPLORIS
To make the most of your visit and to ensure the comfort of all of our visitors, students are expected to be considerate to our other visitors. Running, shouting or general misbehaviour will not be permitted.
Teachers / Supervisors must accompany their students at all times during their visit.
- Please try to arrive on time – if groups arrive late, they may have to accept a shorter guided tour so that the next group's tour is not disrupted
- Groups will be met on arrival by Exploris Education staff and directed to the appropriate starting point for their chosen tour
- Storage space, is limited, but will be available in the Education Suite
Payment may be made by cash cheque or card on the day.
SHORE WALKS – CLOTHING
- Please ensure that for activities such as shore walks, your pupils are dressed in wind or waterproof clothing
- Sensible shoes, Wellingtons are preferable. It can be slippery, damp and chilly on the beach.
- Sunscreen may also be required.
Our seated café offers a variety of food and drink including packed lunches (chips are not available). Group menus are available on request.
These lunch arrangements must be made prior to the visit, preferably when booking.
During the summer term if the weather is unfavourable schools bringing their own lunches may use the Education Suite to eat their meal.